Exfoliating your body is an important step in any skincare routine.
If you want smooth, glowing skin, it takes a little bit of love...and weekly maintenance and consistency. We recommend exfoliating your body at least once a week. Think of all dry skin and build-up left on your skin for weeks when you don’t exfoliate. No one wants that for themselves!
We love exfoliating SO MUCH, we’ve compiled a list of reasons why exfoliation should be part of your skincare habits:
- It removes dead skin cells: Our skin naturally sheds dead cells, but sometimes these cells can build up and leave our skin looking dull and feeling rough. Exfoliating helps to remove these dead cells, revealing the healthy, glowing skin underneath. Dry patchy skin? We don’t know her!
- It unclogs pores: When dead skin cells and other impurities build up on the surface of the skin, they can clog pores and lead to breakouts. Think of all the times you were going hard at the gym and ended up with pimples on your chest or back - it’s because your pores are getting clogged by your sweat and it’s causing irritation. Exfoliating helps to clear away these impurities, keeping your pores unclogged and preventing breakouts…so you can frolic in your bikini without worry about your skin!
- It promotes cell turnover: Exfoliating helps to stimulate the production of new skin cells, which can improve the overall texture and appearance of the skin. Your skin cells regenerate every 28+ days as you age, which means your cell turnover is slowing down. We’re sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but that’s what happens with ageing. The more you physically exfoliate the skin on your body, the faster your cells regenerate. You’re welcome ;)
- It improves the effectiveness of other skincare products: When you exfoliate, you're effectively removing a layer of dead skin cells that can act as a barrier to skincare products. By exfoliating, you're allowing your products to penetrate deeper into the skin, which can improve their effectiveness. Without exfoliation all those expensive body creams you’re using will not penetrate your skin, they’ll just soak up in the dry skin and effectively not make a big difference in appearance.
- It can improve circulation: Some types of exfoliation, such as the chelle body’s physical exfoliation kit, can help to improve circulation and give your skin a healthy, glowing appearance. The back and forth, and circular motion of rubbing the mitt on your body supports lymphatic circulation and drainage. It’s amazing what a little self love and exfoliation can do!
Overall, using a physical exfoliation kit is a simple but effective way to keep your skin healthy and looking its best! And, that’s all we want for you, boo, to look and feel your best!